Here are some quick steps to start the installation process for Oracle Fusion Middleware software i.e SOA Suite for 11g . Get the SOA , Weblogic and RCU software downloaded from oracle FMW page .In my case “ofm_soa_generic_184.108.40.206.0_disk1_1of1.zip” has been downloaded for SOA . For rest follow the below points . All the below points and any future threads/topics will talk about doing the business in Windows platform (XP SP2) .
2) Install Oracle Database – In my case I upgraded DB from 10g to 11g .
SOA 11g supports both Oracle 10g and 11g database having below versions :
– Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.4 or later)
– Oracle Database 11g (220.127.116.11 or later)
Changing the NLS_CHARACTERSET to AL32UTF8 / UTF8Note: you should install the DB with AL32UTF8 character set, otherwise you will get a warning when you run RCU(Repository Creation Utility in later steps) .
Oracle strongly recommends using AL32UTF8 as the database character set. Use Metalink Doc Id 260192.1 for “Changing the NLS_CHARACTERSET to AL32UTF8 / UTF8” to resolve the problem or alternatively you can take help of Character set scan(CSSCAN) and Alter utility. Though you can ignore this as per FMW Requirements .
3) Install Oracle WebLogic Server and Create the Middleware Home . In my case I have downloaded “Oracle Web Logic Server – oepe11_wls1031.exe” from OTN .
4) Download Repository Creation Utility (RCU) from OTN in same FMW page as : “ofm_rcu_win32_18.104.22.168.0_disk1_1of1.zip” and execute the rcu.bat from “D:\ofm_rcu_win32_22.214.171.124.0_disk1_1of1\rcuHome\BIN” where “D:\ofm_rcu_win32_126.96.36.199.0_disk1_1of1” is the path where I have un-archived the zipped content .
5) And finally proceed with SOA suite installation .
Watch out more in upcoming threads about the step by step process of how to install Weblogic , RCU and then SOA Suite .